Premier Logistics Solutions, a 3rd party logistics management company, is seeking an operations specialist. This detail-oriented person will be responsible for rating and routing LTL, truckload and flatbed freight, building and maintaining customer relationships and problem solving customer and carrier issues. Must be able to multi-task at a high level, work well under pressure and have exceptional customer service skills through phone and email. Experience in LTL or truckload freight preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rate LTL shipments based on NMFC.
- Work with vendors through phone and email to insure supply chain compliance.
- Accurately enter all orders into appropriate system in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer requests for status of shipments, routings, POD, charges or other inquires.
- Negotiate pricing with customers and carriers.
- Maintain customer expectations/costs/margins set by management.
- Communicate issues effectively and ensure efficient information responses on inquiries made by or to customers, carriers, and internal parties.
- Experience in LTL or truckload freight preferred, 3PL experience a plus.
- Degree or equivalent combination of transportation industry work experience.
- Minimum three years industry experience preferred.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Contact by email only